Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Top Videos of 2014

As all people who write about music do, I am writing a list of my favorite video of 2014. It’s difficult to watch every single video that has been released, and I will be straight forward in saying that I haven’t.

I have however given considerable time to watching many videos, and I will highlight my favorites. The watching period for this year is from December 25th, 2013-December 24th, 2014.




Top 5 Videos:


5. Violet - Daniel Caesar

Essentially, it's a video about a woman who is not there.




4. Carry On Brother - Chavis Chandler

The angles and view of this video are nearly epic.




3. Need You - L’Orange ft. Blu

This video is like a post apocalyptic version of the story of Adam and Eve. I recommend.




2. Electric Lady - Janelle Monae

This is a party like no other. The video is fun and energetic.




1. Dehydration - Mick Jenkins ft. The Mind

The video, best of the year 2014, chronicles life in Chicago. The boys become young men and endure the challenges the inner city can provide.


No comments:

Post a Comment